Welcome to the second release of WCF Web APIs on codeplex
Here is what is new in this release.
Known Issues with WCF HTTP
- Better support for using JsonValue as dynamic
- Support for JsonValue change notification events for databinding and other purposes
- Support for going between JsonValue and CLR types
- WCF HTTP - create HTTP / REST based web services. This is a minor release which contains fixes as well as updates to use the updated jQuery library.
- Query string params will now work on uri templates
- WebHttpServiceHost does not require ASP.NET compat thus can be used for non ASP.NET scenarios
- JsonProcessor now uses the updated jQuery bits
Release quality gates
- ContactManager sample does not work properly on Firefox
- Not tested with MVC3
- HTTPS and self-hosting does not work
- Automatic help pages do not work
- Request uris need to have a slash after the resource i.e. /customer/1 and /customers/ are valid but /customers is not.
- The code builds.
- Public APIs are documented using XML comments, binary release includes intellisense comments.
- Unit tests are passing.
- Samples are running.
- Product components and samples are compliant with Microsoft All Rules for FxCop.
- Product component and sample code is compliant with the included StyleCop rules.
- Binaries are signed.
- The installer installs and uninstalls cleanly.