HttpHostConfiguration class? MVC host sample?

Topics: Web Api
Oct 12, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Just picked up the WCF Web API (at preview 5) for the first time, to evaluate.  Many blog posts show using class HttpHostConfiguration in an MVC host app's RegisterRoutes method, but I can't find this class anywhere.  I don't see any mention in "Breaking Changes" of its demise.  I looked in Preview 5's sample code for an MVC sample, but didn't find one.

Could you provide some guidance here?  Also could you include an MVC 3 host sample (or two) in future previews?

TIA

Andrew

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Hi Andrew,

Take a look at the Web API Quick Starts to see how to do this:

http://wcf.codeplex.com/documentation

HttpConfiguration is the new configuration type. If you are using the Web API Enhancements (which is a good idea if you are also working with MVC), then you will want to use the derived WebApiConfiguration type.

Daniel Roth

Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 8:52 AM
To: Daniel Roth
Subject: HttpHostConfiguration class? MVC host sample? [wcf:275619]

Just picked up the WCF Web API (at preview 5) for the first time, to evaluate. Many blog posts show using class HttpHostConfiguration in an MVC host app's RegisterRoutes method, but I can't find this class anywhere. I don't see any mention in "Breaking Changes" of its demise. I looked in Preview 5's sample code for an MVC sample, but didn't find one.

Could you provide some guidance here? Also could you include an MVC 3 host sample (or two) in future previews?

TIA

Andrew

Oct 12, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Ok - thanks.  I'll assume that HttpPostConfiguration died.