Latest Drop (0.5) missing DelegatingChannel / HttpMessageChannel? (for my APIkEY)

Topics: Web Api
Sep 16, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Hi there,

I was using an ApiKeyVerifcationChannel class that inherits from DelegatingChannel but upgrading to the latest verison (Sept 15 2011) it appears its missing..

this is part of my class

public class ApiKeyVerificationChannel : DelegatingChannel
    {
        public const string KeyHeaderName = "X-AuthKey";

private bool securityDisabled;

private IAuthenticationService authenticationService;

public ApiKeyVerificationChannel(HttpMessageChannel innerChannel)

And i was adding the messge handler to the hostconfig like so

hostConfig.AddMessageHandlers(typeof(ApiKeyVerificationChannel));

Am i missing something?

Sep 16, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Oh I forgot to mention, i upgraded to the latest version via NUGET.

Sep 16, 2011 at 2:13 PM
Edited Sep 16, 2011 at 3:01 PM

*removed*

Sep 16, 2011 at 2:41 PM

It has been renamed to DelegatingHandler and the constructor now takes a DelegatingHandler also.

Sep 16, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Actually, the constructor takes a HttpMessageHandler.  There are some examples in web api contrib here http://webapicontrib.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/982e23432fd8#source%2fWebApiContrib.MessageHandlers%2fHeadMessageHandler.cs

Sep 16, 2011 at 3:46 PM

We have further simplified the message handlers so they don’t have to provide any constructor taking another message handler. The default ctor is fine for infrastructure to work. In short, a message handler pretty much controls its own constructors completely.

Henrik

Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 07:12
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen
Subject: Re: Latest Drop (0.5) missing DelegatingChannel / HttpMessageChannel? (for my APIkEY) [wcf:272821]

Actually, the constructor takes a HttpMessageHandler. There are some examples in web api contrib here http://webapicontrib.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/982e23432fd8#source%2fWebApiContrib.MessageHandlers%2fHeadMessageHandler.cs

Sep 17, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Thanks everyone,

this seems to have cleared this issue now ....

Still need to test. Thanks once again.

Is there a Change document or something similar so i can see what breaking changes there are from version to version?

Thanks

Coordinator
Sep 17, 2011 at 12:52 AM

You can find a list of breaking changes on the Preview 5 release page, although the list is not exhaustive.

Daniel Roth

Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 4:42 PM
To: Daniel Roth
Subject: Re: Latest Drop (0.5) missing DelegatingChannel / HttpMessageChannel? (for my APIkEY) [wcf:272821]

Thanks everyone,

this seems to have cleared this issue now ....

Still need to test. Thanks once again.

Is there a Change document or something similar so i can see what breaking changes there are from version to version?

Thanks