Is there a roadmap?

Topics: Web Api
Apr 5, 2011 at 9:46 PM

It's been quite a while since new bits have been posted, so I'm wondering if there are going to be any more builds before release. Are you guys planning on posting a new build for MIX?

Coordinator
Apr 5, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Yes there will be plenty of builds to come. We are planning a big drop at MIX which will have signficant enhancements as well as evolution of the exisitng api.

Thanks for your patience.

Apr 8, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Thanks for the update! Still, it would be greatly appreciated if you could keep the source code on CodePlex updated as you work on the APIs. It's truly a big difference being able to continuously follow the progress of any API and update at a set interval and not have major drops come out of nowhere that have lots of breaking changes.

There has been no code changes for almost 4 months. Here is a tip, you should associate the Preview 3 with a drop package, Preview 1 and 2 have correct association.

I have been using HttpClient (Microsoft.Net.Http.dll) a while now, it is mentioned in the Preview 3 release notes: "New HttpClient API which replaces the REST Starter kit has been introduced." Is this the Microsoft.ServiceModel.Http.dll? This still relies on the underlying Microsoft.Net.Http.dll, of which there are no source code? Will this assembly source be included in the coming releases?

Very happy with the Json extensions, which I used for a Bitcoin project ;-)

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:45 AM

+1 on more frequent sourcecode drops if possible.

Not too concerned about packaged releases.

Coordinator
Apr 11, 2011 at 6:48 AM

@CareBear we are going to keep the source to up to date. We haven't been able to push to due to internal dependencies we had as part of the framework. We've done a ton of work over the past few months pulling out of the .net framework and putting ourselves in a place where we can release more often. In it's previous state the source wouldn't have built which would not have been much good for anyone. The early drops on Codeplex were not our full bits, it was a hybrid. Anyway, all that is behind is us now.

Microsoft.Net.Http is the new client yes. There is much more to come, look for the next drop this week.

@jafin yes we are working on that as I mentioned above.

Jun 1, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Glen are there still issues with dependencies.  The source hasn't been updated since April and no word when the next drop is.  I am pretty excited to see what the latest bits look like.

Jun 3, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Agreed. I and others I know are waiting for more recent bits. It's been more than a month now since the last release.