Welcome to the sixth preview release of WCF Web API on Codeplex!
Install WCF Web API Preview 6
- URL form encoding - Http request bodies sent as application/x-www-form-urlencoded can now deserialize into objects and participate in content negotiation.
- Custom OData entity keys - The ODataFormatter now supports custom conventions for determining which properties identify an entity key.
- [ServiceContract] is no longer required on the Web API class definition
- Assemblies are strong-name signed and CLS compliant
- Support for .NET 4.5
- Various bug fixes - see Issue Tracker for the full list
New Web API Enhancements Features and Samples
- New sample structure - includes a ton of basic, advanced and scenario based samples!
- OAuth Facebook end to end sample
- JSONP support
- Sync methods were removed from HttpClient, making HttpClient async-only
- WebAPI-Prototype branch - With the release of Preview 6, we have moved the code that previously existed on the Codeplex WebAPI-Prototype branch into our internal main source control branch. Because the Codeplex default branch is always a mirror of our internal source control branch, this code will now exist on the default branch and it therefore makes sense to close the WebAPI-Prototype branch.