Discussions under Web Api

• HTTP - Discussions about the new enhancements to WCF HTTP
  • jQuery - Discussions relating to JsonValue, JsonObject, ect.
  • WebSockets - Discussions relating to WebSockets and if we should support it.
  • Interop Bindings - Discussions related to Express Interop Bindings

2 services (WCF Web API and ASP.NET Web API) on one host

first post: sevine wrote: Preconditions: 1) local DB with users 2) console application (O...

latest post: sevine wrote: ``` static void Main() { var baseUrl = Configur...

answered by: sevine wrote: ``` static void Main() { var baseUrl = Configur...

Future of WCF?

first post: DGDev wrote: With the merger of ASP.NET MVC and migration to ASP.NET Web API, wh...

latest post: McInnesIan wrote: What aspects of REST do we really need, the HTTP verbs not really, ...

WCF - How to choose the right binding and contracts when the request and response data is given?

first post: kanagalrajr wrote: I am trying to prototype a web server for enterprise device managem...

How to validate the service certificate passed by client using code in WCF

first post: dpWCF wrote: Below is my scenario what I am trying to do and wanted to know if a...

Combining a Web API into ASP.NET WebPages

first post: RogerWilco wrote: I've combined the files for my service built using the 6th preview ...

latest post: sumiflow wrote: I'm having the same issue when I added a razor helper class. I get...

CheckConditionalRetrieve doesn't feel quite right

first post: badams wrote: To the WCF HTTP team:For what it is worth I'll share my experience ...

latest post: draepetan wrote: We don't have CheckConditionalRetrieve (which has a ton of issues...

WCF Web API self-host in a dedicated port

first post: stephen2410 wrote: Hey, We use WCF RESTFUL Services , with configuration binding="we...

WCF service works on the same box but does not respond in distributed environment

first post: stevemauldin wrote: I have created a WCF Service Library, a windows NT service to host...

How to pass data between Message/Operation and ServiceContract

first post: crixo72 wrote: I wonder if there's some best practise to pass value between Messag...

latest post: racielrod wrote: Glenn, Still on Preview 6, and wondering a clean way to pull out va...

HttpContext.Current is null on the initial request.

first post: shghanta wrote: Hi,i am using a custom message handler for api verification. While ...

latest post: racielrod wrote: Darrel, I know this is an old post, but I'm on Preview 6 (we haven'...