Glenn has moved on

Topics: Web Api
Jan 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Well, this is a surprise: http://codebetter.com/glennblock/2011/12/24/i-moved-on-from-wcf-web-api-but-web-api-is-still-moving/

Even more surprising is that Glenn says he moved on 5 months ago.

I, for one, am sad about it.  But of course I wish Glenn well.

I regarded Glenn as the guy out on point with WCF Web API... is there a replacement person for that position?

Coordinator
Jan 4, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Indeed, I’ve been working Glenn on Web API for the past year and his passion and drive will be missed. The good news is that Glenn hasn’t moved that far. He continues to add value to the Microsoft Web platform by ensuring you get a great Node.js experience.

I have taken over for Glenn as the Web API owner and our team continues to execute on delivering a great Web API framework. In addition, we have joined forces with the ASP.NET MVC team and we are hard at work creating a unified Web API framework that includes the best of both worlds. More details coming shortly.

Daniel Roth

Coordinator
Jan 4, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Andew thanks for the kind words and well wishing. I am thankful to see folks like you with energy around using web api and helping others!

As Dan said I am not that far away as anyone on our internal team aliases will tell you ;-) Reiterating what Dan is saying, I think you'll find plenty support going forward from Dan and the team now that Web API and MVC are one.

Exciting times ahead! 

Jan 5, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Glenn, I just want to say I really enjoying seeing you speaking at BUILD last September, it was actually one of my favorite talks there! I really got the feeling that you "got it" with regards to REST and what the community (or at least I) wanted out of the framework.
I wish you all the best in your new project, now I might just have to take a look at Node.js!

Dan you have big shoes to fill :)  Since ASP.NET MVC is my other big passion the past few years, I'm REALLY looking forward to this forthcoming big announcement.  I was sad when Phil Haack left the MVC team, but it seems something big is happening!
I have noticed similarities between these two frameworks, so some kind of merge can be really beneficial... I really hope this announcement is coming *soon*.