Nov 17, 2011 at 10:29 AM
Edited Nov 17, 2011 at 10:37 AM
Just wondering if its possible to leverage standard WCF4 stuff with WebAPIs. For instance:
1) If I re-configured default webHttp behaviour in web.config, would that apply to my service that uses WebAPI ?
2) Am assuming routing definitions (route table, filters, backuplists, multi-cast routing etc.) would not work when specified in the config - in which case, is there any alternate way of providing fault tolerance?
3) Would protocol bridging work?
4) Would I be able to configure ServiceBehaviours - specific ServiceAuthorizationManager/Authorization policies for my services?
5) How do I enable the "/help" feature on my service - currently when I type service/help, I get an "endpoint not found error"
[Edit - Priya] - I've discovered we can do this by setting "EnableHelpPage" property on the HttpConfiguration instance we pass to routes.
Just a little confused about when to use WebAPI as opposed to standard WCF4 APIs...and whether I lose some WCF4 features when using WebAPI (I'm guessing I don't but still want to confirm)