Microsoft.ServiceModel.Web missing

Topics: Web Api
Sep 17, 2011 at 3:54 PM

I updated the WebApi binaries through NuGet, and now the Microsoft.ServiceModel.Web namespace is missing. Is there a missing assembly in the updated NuGet package?

Sep 17, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Not sure if this is correct but try referencing:

System.ServiceModel.Web reference directly from the .NET 4 Framework:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0\System.ServiceModel.Web.dll

Sep 17, 2011 at 9:14 PM

That's weird. I had that namespace referenced too. All my references to HttpResponseMessage and HttpRequestMessage types were broken, so I assumed they were in the Microsoft.ServiceModel.Web namespace, which had the red squiggly lines after this NuGet update. I resolved references to those types, and System.Net.Http namespace was added by Visual Studio. I guess I never needed Microsoft.ServiceModel.Web in the first place.

Sep 17, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Exactly right, there is no Microsoft.ServiceModel.Web

Henrik

Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2011 2:14 PM
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen
Subject: Re: Microsoft.ServiceModel.Web missing [wcf:272933]

That's weird. I had that namespace referenced too. All my references to HttpResponseMessage and HttpRequestMessage types were broken, so I assumed they were in the Microsoft.ServiceModel.Web namespace, which had the red squiggly lines after this NuGet update. I resolved references to those types, and System.Net.Http namespace was added by Visual Studio. I guess I never needed Microsoft.ServiceModel.Web in the first place.

Sep 18, 2011 at 1:20 AM

There might no such namespace NOW, but it was there before. Hence, I stated it's "missing". Otherwise, my project would have never compiled before.

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2011 at 1:31 AM
Yes there was :-) We did a bunch of refactoring. All the functionality you need should still be there. Sorry for any inconvenience that caused.

>