Release date for all these Extension

Topics: Interop Bindings
Jun 15, 2011 at 1:18 AM

Hi,

What is the release date for all these extension.

Coordinator
Jun 15, 2011 at 7:41 PM

We have released the Express Interop Bindings this Monday. Each of these projects are released seperatly.

thanks,

Jun 16, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Hi,

Does this mean that i can start implementing the same in Production. We have a scenario where in we need to use the same with Web Sphere?

Coordinator
Jun 16, 2011 at 12:29 AM

You can certinally use the Interop Express Bindings. According to release notes, there might be issues with the websphere binding. I would like to hear your feedback if you run into any issues there.

Again, these were built for production quality, hence the 'release' label, unlike the other projects which are in beta mode

thanks

Jun 16, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your speedy reply. I just see a Vsix file. I do not see a installer in the zip file. Can you please furnish me the link for MSI installer.

Regards

Venkatesh

Coordinator
Jun 16, 2011 at 12:37 AM

Being a visual studio extension, the VSIX is all what you need. We had an MSI that we removed because it did not add any value. Simply double click the VSIX and note the installation happening right away ( u can read the install log file for details). then restart VS and note the new projects under C#/WCF

Jun 16, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Hi,

Thanks. I also thought so but was confused on seeing the text in tthe page. Thanks a ton. I will keep you posted on development.

Regards