Topics: jQuery
May 3, 2011 at 9:30 PM

When I saw the WCF RIA/JS presentation, I kept thinking that RIA/JS would be a better fit with ASP.NET MVC instead of ASP.NET Web Form. I would like to see some examples with ASP.NET MVC. Since JQuery modules are using JSON and MVC has a nice built-in support for JSON, RIA/JS will be perfect fit.

May 3, 2011 at 10:16 PM

I'm kind of confused by this question.  When you say WCF RIA/JS are you meaning WCF Web APIs + JS or are you talking about WCF RIA services which are intended for Silverlight?

May 4, 2011 at 5:13 AM

I am talking about Jquery client for WCF RIA Services.  Here is a MIX11 sssion: http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/MIX/MIX11/FRM05

May 4, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Ahhh.  I'm not really the right person to answer this question as I hate RIA services with the heat of a thousand suns.  I believe it is the antithesis of proper web architecture.  Hopefully some one else will be able to give you a different perspective that better answers your question.

Jun 1, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Hi Jay - we are considering a tighter integration with MVC, but don't have anything to show yet. You're right that there are lots of scenarios where the two pieces put together make sense.